Monday, December 8, 2014

No tripod.... - Nighttime Landscape


F-Stop: f/14.0
Shutter Speed: 10.0
ISO: 1600

This is the landscape I managed to get when my tripod mysteriously did not have a plate. I went down to the retreat near 5:30 with my mom and balanced the camera on top of the car. The hardest part was getting the camera relatively level. I used a high ISO and a ten second long shutter speed so I could get an even exposure. I wanted to use a high aperture so I could get a star burst on the moon and the lights visible across the lake. I love the orangey-red glow that reflects across the lake and ice. There are a few stars visible and there is an interesting pattern from a cloud in the sky.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is awesome! And very impressive with no tripod! I love the blue-black sky with the moon as well as the town on the left. What exactly is the little sliver in the sky near the moon? I'm assuming a cloud? Great work!!

    ReplyDelete