Wednesday, December 3, 2014

"I threw it on the ground!!!" - Blog 13


F-Stop: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 1600

I took this photo at the Community Cabaret at NEYT. During an interactive improv skit this actor was told by the audience that his shoes didn't fit, while he was supposed to be forecasting the weather. I took this shot just as he took off his over shoe and was throwing it on the ground, hence the title, which is indeed a reference to The Lonely Island. This is more of an action shot because I captured the action of him throwing his shoe.

My 1/60 shutter speed was a very interesting one because it was fast enough to capture his main body throwing the shoe but his hand and the shoe itself are a blur. I had a high ISO because I was inside and there were only a few stage lights, though they were relatively bright. I had my aperture all the way open so I could just focus on the actor and not even focus on the curtains and backstage. I was zoomed in so thats why the f-stop is 5.6.

No comments:

Post a Comment